Travel Medicine and International Healthcare
The Travel Medicine and International Health Center at Lower Bucks Hospital provides travelers with the proper immunizations, prophylactic medications and travel information to help make your trip safe and healthy. Advice is individualized, based on your itinerary, planned activities and your medical condition.
Travel Medicine is a distinct medical specialty. The focus of Lower Bucks Hospital's Travel Medicine and International Health Center is to provide medical care for travelers as a proactive effort to solve health problems before they occur. There are well-established preventive measures for almost every health issue that falls under the scope of Travel Medicine and Lower Bucks Hospital is here to help you travel safe and travel smart.
The need for Travel Medicine is drastically increasing year-by-year in our community. The scale on which people are traveling today could hardly have been imagined even a few years ago. Destinations that in the past were limited to soldiers, missionaries and select others are now commonplace choices for travelers from the United States. As the public travels farther afield and businesses become more "globalized", there is a growing need for us to take proper precautions when traveling.
The Travel Medicine and International Health Center at Lower Bucks Hospital is a designated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health as a Yellow Fever vaccine center.
Lower Bucks Hospital's Healthworks department is staffed by highly trained and qualified physicians and nurses.
Hien Bui, M.D.
Dr. Bui is a graduate of Thomas Jefferson Medical College, and she completed her residency at Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and has received her Certificate in Travel Health issued by the International Society of Travel Medicine in 2007. She enjoys working as a volunteer in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Cambodia, Ghana and Burkina Faso.
Michael Goldstein, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Goldstein is a graduate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and is Board Certified in both Preventive Medicine and Internal Medicine. He holds a Master's Degree in Public Health from the Columbia University School of Public Health and two faculty appointments. He has also published numerous articles in medical journal. Dr. Goldstein is a Senior Physician at LBH Healthworks, providing Occupational Health services to over 300 companies.
Our scope of services includes:
- Yellow Fever vaccine center
- Pre-travel health assessment
- Advice and preventive health guidance while traveling abroad
- Vaccinations consistent with the most up to date CDC and WHO recommendations
- Prescriptions of medications relevant to tropical and subtropical diseases
- Evaluation of higher risk travelers (infants, pregnant women, patients with chronic diseases and patients who are immune-compromised
- Malaria prevention and chemoprophylaxis
- Prevention and treatment of traveler's diarrhea
- Medications for emergency health treatment
- Travel security guidance from the U.S. State Department
- Advice about travel and evacuation insurance
- For large groups, onsite services can be arranged.
- PPD placement for travelers who are at risk for exposure to tuberculosis
- Evaluation of healthcare volunteers, humanitarians and international workers and their special needs
- Prevention of altitude sickness
The following vaccines are readily available:
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- Oral typhoid vaccine
- Injectable typhoid vaccine
- Tetanus (Td or Tdap) vaccine
- Flu vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Twinrex vaccine (Hepatitis A vaccine combined with Hepatitis B vaccine)
- Immune globulin
- Meningococcal vaccine (to prevent meningitis). We have Menomune & Menactra. Menomune is given to those older than 55 years of age.
- MMR vaccine (Mumps/Measles/Rubella vaccine)
- Pneumonia vaccine
- Polio vaccine
- Varicella vaccine (chicken pox)
- Shingles Vaccine
We are located on the 3rd floor of Lower Bucks Hospital.
501 Bath Rd.
Bristol, PA 19007
Our office hours are:
Monday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM -4:30 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
To schedule an appointment, please call 215-785-9799 or you can send an email to:
*It is helpful if you can bring your immunization records to the evaluation.*
Here are some helpful links that will help you plan for a healthy vacation: